RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV on Win2008 R2 64 bit - BSOD

To: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV on Win2008 R2 64 bit - BSOD
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:57:27 +1000
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 May 2010 03:59:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Im trying to install the latest drivers on a domU, the image is a
fresh build
> however when installing the drivers I get error code 10, cannot start
device
> for the XEN disk and upon reboot it blue screens.
>
> I have built the domU twice now with no other software installed.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Please confirm that the version... I think 213 is the latest released
version.

I'm running GPLPV on a couple of 2008 R2 systems (2008 R2 is always 64
bit) without problems, and I don't remember any issues on installing.
You need to turn on testsigning, but the drivers should warn you about
that.

Is it the English version of Windows? It shouldn't matter but I've only
ever tested it on that version.

What version of Xen? If >3.4.x then try installing the debug version of
GPLPV and see if anything shows up in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domu>.log.
If <3.4.x then get debugview from sysinternals.com, turn on kernel
logging, and see what happens when you try and install the drivers.

James