Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade to xen 4 Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be conn

To: Mark Pryor <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade to xen 4 Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
From: Ralf Hornik Mailings <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 14:20:52 +0200
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:20:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mark,

Mark Pryor schrieb:
Your config may have some xen objects built as modules, so your system
hangs unless they are loaded separately.
$ sudo ls -b /sys/class/misc/
blktap-control   device-mapper  evtchn  gntdev  network_latency     pktcdvd
rfkill    tun
cpu_dma_latency  ecryptfs       fuse    hpet    network_throughput  psaux
snapshot  vga_arbiter
Any of the above modules listed (xen related) exists in /sys/class/misc on my System:

2.6.32.12:
# blktap-control cpu_dma_latency device-mapper evtchn gntdev mcelog microcode network_latency network_throughput nvram psaux vga_arbiter

2.6.18.8:
# blktap-control device-mapper evtchn mcelog microcode nvram pci_iomul psaux

The only different between the working kernel and non-working kernel is "pci_iomul" that doesn't exist in the 2.6.32 kernel.

However, I only overwrite the xen-3.4.2 with xen-4.0 userland, so can there exist some conflicting files, that need to be removed?
Regards

Ralf