Re: [Xen-users] Problem loading Xen image

To: dennis81 <dlogothetis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem loading Xen image
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 08:12:27 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 May 2010 18:13:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:44 AM, dennis81 <dlogothetis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed the Xen 3.1 Hypervisor on a machine that previously had
> Centos4.5 (kernel 2.6.9).

So you have Xen 3.1, installed from source, on Centos 4?

> kernel =
> "/home/dlogo/xen/images/fedora12/vmlinuz-2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686.PAE"

First of all, /home is generally not a good place to store xen
kernel/ramdisk/image. Also, wherever you put them, make sure xen tools
(pygrub, etc.) have access to them (i.e. not blocked by
permission/selinux).

Second, since you use PAE kernel, make sure both xen and dom0 kernel
also compiled with PAE.

Third, try changing it to your dom0 kernel, copied to the same path
(/home/dlogo/xen/images/fedora12/). If it works, then you know for
sure its kernel compatibility issue. If it doesn't work, most likely
it's permission problems.

Lastly, if you're happy with Xen 3.1 (i.e. don't need latest version),
I'd suggest simply upgrade dom0 to latest RHEL/Centos5, which comes
with its own well-maintained, well-tested, known-to-work Xen 3.1.2+.

--
Fajar