Re: [Xen-users] Fwd: Strange network problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fwd: Strange network problem
From: "Thomas J. Czarnecki" <czar_tj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:29:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 May 2010 13:39:51 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=messagingengine.com; h=message-id:from:to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-type:in-reply-to:references:subject:date; s=smtpout; bh=drgnJ+Ocg+ihjO4CANU6jREwXcI=; b=FoiQ4rIXVo75KtHj7li38fpC6p5ab/59bMKEcDIMiw+Go6t0G8hX9PRtq+0ZcuLlmlYOHyRafvbT5qN7e1/FsJWegTixp3TXz/dReJNEcXmgGDgXQjR7n6xq1Pd5wNUf5+wqr2c0rx/5m4nEonh+/96DPVNChwyml1vpiK12zm8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a similar setup: Gentoo 64, Xen-4, A790GXM-A motherboard, AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor, two NICs (RTL8111/8168B) with the LAN based one in a bridge mode...

I tried the novell & pv-op dom0 kernels, with out much luck.  By using the disable TX checksumming tip (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-4ce9767df34fe1c9cf4f85f7e07cb10110eae9b7) I can get the network on the domu's to work for a limited time.  But, under heavy load the domu network just stops working!

For now I'm using the 2.6.18.hg (2.6.18.8) kernel which has no network problems, until I can try another motherboard (different NIC's)  to see if it is hardware/driver problem...

Czar