Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Dom U kernel

I am relatively new to lvm and xen in general that's why I posed my response as questions :)

If what I have suggested *is* your issue then perhaps you should ensure that you already have lvm2 installed on dom0, and assuming the appropriate initramfs lvm hooks were created upon installation, then rebuild the initrd with update-initramfs -c -k <verson> so that the initrd you are using (from dom0) has the capability to handle lvm.

Beyond that, I really do not know whether using ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.32.10.img break=premount" in your pvm config would be a viable way to pass the parameter to initrd or not.

kishore kumar wrote:
Could you please let me know where this break=premount option should be added? What is the location of the xen block devices. I want to load this module and check giving the above option and see if it works for me. Thank You. On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM, listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I don't have any issues using my dom0 kernel & initrd to boot pv
    domU,  config has CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=m as well.

    However, thats when passing through file based images & LVM from
    the dom0 to the domU.  Is this more of an issue when LVM is
    implemented on the domU itself???  That's what I am seeing here.
     Should he be adding a break=premount option to initrd and
    checking visibility of the LVM root from busybox?