[Xen-users] Recovering resources from old guests

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Recovering resources from old guests
From: Caleb Call <caleb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:27:48 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 14:28:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We currently have several old guests that we are removing from the inventory and recovering their resources.  I've ran in to a minor (probably very simple) issue.  Instead of using logical volumes like the rest of our guests, these ones are using tap:aio:  The main question is, is there anything special I need to do to reclaim the resources from these disks, or is it as simple as just deleting these images?  My second(ary) question is, what is tap:aio:?  I've been searching but have been unable to find anything definitive on what they are.  Is it just a disk image used by Xen, or is there something special about it?  How is a tap:aio: disk created, etc?

Thanks