[Xen-users] xen failover

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen failover
From: Adam Lau <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:39:19 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:02:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've got a question regarding failover.

I've set up Xen and DRBD with the versions packaged for CentOS 5.4. Live
migration of the domU's is working between the two xen nodes quite happliy.

Each domU has two LVM LVs associated with it, partitioned as swp and root. DRBD
is configured to just sync the LV containing the root partition, not swp.

I've seen conflicting articles on the web regarding if the swap partition
should be sync'd or not.

I'm about to play with heartbeat to test automatic failover of domU's - i'm
particularly interested to see what happens if a xen node dies, powers off, h/w
crashes...

Does the swap partition for a domU need to be synchronised between the two xen
nodes for automatic failover?

regards,

Adam.
believed to be clean.