RE: [Xen-users] Need of Intel VT for Xen

To: Chamila De Alwis <cs2respect@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Need of Intel VT for Xen
From: Matej Zary <zary@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:21:25 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 04:22:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have the same CPU in "my" laptop and yes, it doesn't have hardware
virtualization functions. Xen can be run without VT, but the virtual machines
(DomUs) are limited to PV type (paravirtualised) - you can't run HVM virtual
machines (Windows etc.) in Xen without hardware virtualisation support. If you
need virtualised Windows for example, you can use VirtualBox on these CPUs.
Hope it helped a bit.

Regards

Matej