[Xen-users] Blank screen kernel 2.6.33 Xen 3.4.2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Blank screen kernel 2.6.33 Xen 3.4.2
From: "mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:04:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 02:05:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, I'm experimenting with Debian Testing 64bit, vanilla kernel 2.6.33 and xen 3.4.2 from sources on a Dell Poweredge r210 with 2 sata disk in raid1.

I'm not an expert, before this try I've used only Xen in Debian 5 from the packages provided by Debian.

From what I've understand with kernel 2.6.33 compiled with:

CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=32
CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
# CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y

I can use the same kernel for dom0 and domu. I've recompiled the kernel and the sistem boots without trobule. The problems starts when I want to boot the system with the hypervisor.

In grub2 I have this entry:

menuentry "Xen 3.4.2 2.6.33" {
    set root=(md0)
    echo Loading Linux 2.6.33 Xen 3.4.2
    multiboot //xen.gz
    module //vmlinuz-2.6.33-custom root=/dev/md1 ro console=tty0
}

When I boot from this entry I can see messages from Xen (it recognizes the four Xeon core installed on the system) but after 2 seconds the screen blanks. I cannot see any error, the screen is too fast and I cannot pause it.

These are my partitions:

/dev/md1 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/md0 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/mapper/vmimages-vmimages on /srv type ext4 (rw,noatime)

How can I debug this? Thanks for the support.