[Xen-users] installing xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] installing xen
From: Shai Maskit <sjmaskit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:44:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:45:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

-- if this is not the right community, please direct me to the most
appropriate, thanks

i'm having trouble with installing the unstable xen (i want to check out remus).
i've cloned the repo, and after using the
# make world
# make install
i don't get a build of a xen-kernel, but what seems to be a regular kernel.
however, if i use the ' KERNELS = "xen0 xenU" ', i get the slim
kernels that the README
specified.
i'm having trouble getting my nics to work with the slim version, and
i want to eliminate
the option that it's because of the slim version.

my questions:
1. when am i suppose to enter the "make KERNELS=...." ?
before/after/with make world and make install?
2. is there a way to avoid downloading the entire git repo of the
unpatched kernel during the make?
3. how do i create a non-slim xen kernel?
4. i have multiple eth and peth when running ifconfig.  how do get my
broadcom drivers to stick to the actual nic and not the bridge?

i'm quite new in xen and open-source communities, so any
help/guidance/you're in the wrong place
will be appreciated.

thanks!