Re: [Xen-users] nOOb to convert vmware guest to xen??

mount -o loop /var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img
/var/xen/domains/mnt
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

xenhost xen # fdisk -lu /var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img
You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk /var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img: 0 MB, 0 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders, total 0 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x000be14d

                                         Device Boot      Start
End      Blocks   Id  System
/var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img1   *          63
15952544     7976241   83  Linux
/var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img2        15952545
16771859      409657+   5  Extended
Partition 2 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(1023, 254, 63) logical=(1043, 254, 63)
/var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img5        15952608
16771859      409626   82  Linux swap / Solaris

Need an offset - 63x512=32,256

mount -o loop,offset=32256 /var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img
/var/xen/domains/mnt

cat /var/xen/domains/mnt/etc/fstab
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda1       /               ext3    errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
# Beginning of the block added by the VMware software
.host:/                 /mnt/hgfs               vmhgfs  defaults,ttl=5
0 0
# End of the block added by the VMware software

/etc/xen/xen_compat.cfg:

root        = '/dev/sda1 ro'
disk        = [
                'file:/var/xen/domains/xen_compat/xen_compatible.img,sda1,w'
              ]

xm create -c xen_compat.cfg

Begin: Waiting for root file system ...

Same thing.