[Xen-users] Network stops working after 12th domU is started

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Network stops working after 12th domU is started
From: Michele F <michele.finotto@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:42:25 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:07:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We're not sure what's causing it, but there seems to be some kind of
limit with our dom0: every time we have 11 domUs running and start a
new one, the network stops working for all domUs.
Basically, the dom0 works as usual and we can both ping it and ssh
into it, but all domU stop responding to pings and the only way to
access them is through the console from the dom0. If we then stop one
domU (doesn't matter which one) everything is back to work as usual
immediately after the domU has been stopped.

We've got plenty of RAM and disk, so that's not a problem. Could it be
that network-bridge only supports a given number of guests for each
physical ethernet card? otherwise, what could it be?

Thanks a lot for your help.

- Michele