[Xen-users] XCP installing debian woes

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP installing debian woes
From: "Matthew Law" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:48:45 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:52:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a test server with XCP 0.1.1 installed (one node, local storage)
and I am having problems getting it to install debian Lenny.  The host is
up, DNS is working and all of the ping tests pass in the management
interface.

I followed the vm install guide and did the following from a prompt on the
box itself:

UUID=`xe vm-install template="Debian Lenny 5.0" new-name-label=lenny1`

xe vm-param-set uuid=$UUID
other-config:install-repository="http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian";

xe vm-start uuid=$UUID

The vm starts OK, but when I console onto it it tells me the repository is
bad and doesnt contain a release file.  What have I done wrong? - it seems
as if the VM doesn't get access to the external network but it did pass
the dhcp config step ok.

Thanks,

Matt.