RE: [Xen-users] private interconnect problem

OK I have established 2 VLANs.
One public 192.168.1.1 using router as shown in attached diagram.
Other private VLAN using a switch.
Now Dom0 and aasbanas can ping on private VLAN. But dom0 and aasbanas can't ping ebdb1-priv and ebdb2-priv and vice versa.

How can domu's private interconnect can see out side and vice versa?

> Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:46:42 +0700
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] private interconnect problem
> From: fajar@xxxxxxxxx
> To: jia786@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Javed Asif <jia786@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Please see my setup in attached file
> >
> > I've installed Oracle VM server and created 2 Oracle Linux guest machines
> > ebdb1 and ebdb2 on it to be used as 2 RAC nodes. This machine has only one
> > physical NIC to communicate with outside world.
>
> Do you use vlan?
>
> > The IP addresses are as
> > follow:
> > 192.168.1.61 ebdb1
> > 192.168.1.62 ebdb2
> > 10.99.1.192 ebdb1-priv
> > 10.99.1.193 ebdb2-priv
> > 192.168.1.71 ebdb1-vip
> > 192.168.1.72 ebdb2-vip
> > Everything is fine here ebdb1 and ebdb2 can ping to each other AND
> > ebdb1-priv and ebdb2-priv can ping to each other. Even they can ping to
> > outside world (www.google.com).
>
> What network is the -priv located? A private bridge? bridged to eth0?
> bridged to a vlan?
>
> > I want to use a separate machine as SAN for this RAC. I installed openfiler
> > on Acer AH340-UA230N Easystore which has one onboard NIC (eth0) and a
> > separate PCI express NIC (eth1). The IP addresses of this machine are:
> > 192.168.1.30 aasbanas
> > 10.99.1.191 aasbanas-priv
> >

> where does aasbanas-priv connected to? Is it on the same
> cable/switch/vlan as the above -privs?
>

> > The public interfaces are fine e.g. ebdb1, ebdb2 and aasbanas can ping each
> > other. But private interconnect ebdb1-priv, ebdb2-priv and aasbanas-priv
> > can't ping to each others. The "ping ebdb1-priv" just hangs on aasbanas
> > machine. The "ping aasbanas-priv" command on both ebdb1 and ebdb2 gives
> > error "Destination Host Unreachable".
> > Can anyone help me to resolve the issue?
>
> The normal method to do this is to have multiple vlans on the cable.
> Have you done that?
>
> --
> Fajar

All your Hotmail contacts on your phone. Try it now.