Re: [Xen-users] Re: the bridge send all traffic to every vps when one vp

Jingyun He wrote:

Is it possible use ebtable to filter these traffic?

Why ? Every ethernet network works the same way, at some point, machines will receive traffic that isn't destined for them - and in the original arrangement before switches, this was the norm. The protocol stack will filter it out.

In terms of security, yes someone could pick up traffic they shouldn't see - but just how often does this happen ? Someone would have to be very lucky to be looking for traffic AND an interface changing state triggers the effect AND the traffic is interesting - all at the same time.

You probably could use ebtables (or would it be iptables ?) to block any guest from seeing traffic that isn't for it. You'd need a script to reconfigure the rules every time an interface comes up (and possibly goes down).
--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years. Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image their hard disk ...