Re: [Xen-users] set static ip in config file

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM, ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I set static ip==192.168.1.100 in vif, but the centos in domU still
> use the dhcp.  To be noted here, I can set static ip in centos when I
> connect to the console of domU.
>
> Who can tell me why and how to set static ip in config file.
> Thanks a lot.

Short answer: that's the way it works.
There are cases when setting IP in domU config file can be used (for
example when deploying custom bridge+iptables script), but that's
kinda complicated. The short version is that using the default setup
the setting is not used and has no effect on actual domU IP address.

--
Fajar