[Xen-users] Compilation error

To: <debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Compilation error
From: Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:01:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:03:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I seem to have run into what I hope to be a common compliation error that I unfortunatly can not get past. The problem is with very basic C libraries. In the xen project Im compiling there is a crc32.c source file where zutil.h is included (this seems to link up). Then inside zutil.h file, the standard c libraries stdlib.h and string.h are inlcuded but these files can not be found.

Error output can be seen below.

I am running Debian Lenny x86_64 and have installed many pacakges in an attempt to satifiy the many dependancies for the xen-3.4.2 tar.gz which include. Also if anyone happens to have a more barebone debain dependancy list that works to compile all features of the latest version of xen, please let me know :)

Dependancies installed:

build-essential make gcc gcc-multilib libc6-dev libc6 module-init-tools bzip2 dpkg-dev apt-src apt-build sudo fakeroot auto-apt devscripts dh-make module-assistant rubygems zlib1g-dbg zlib1g-dev python python-dev python-twisted python-xml python-pyopenssl python-pam libncurses-dev libncurses5-dbg libncursesw5-dev libncursesw5-dbg openssl openssl-blacklist openssl-blacklist-extra libcurl4-openssl-dev libcurl3-dbg manpages-dev glibc-doc bridge-utils iproute iproute-dev libvncserver-dev libsdl-dev libjpeg62-dev x11-common libx11-dev xserver-xorg-dev bcc bin86 gawk transfig tgif texinfo pciutils-dev pciutils mercurial newlib-source

Error output:

In file included from crc32.c:29:
zutil.h:23:22: error: string.h: No such file or directory
In file included from zutil.h:24,
                 from crc32.c:29:
/root/xen_source/xen-3.4.2/stubdom/../extras/mini-os/include/posix/stdlib.h:4:25: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [crc32.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/xen_source/xen-3.4.2/stubdom/zlib-x86_64'
make[1]: *** [cross-root-x86_64/x86_64-xen-elf/lib/libz.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xen_source/xen-3.4.2/stubdom'
make: *** [install-stubdom] Error 2
root@localhost:/root/xen_source/xen-3.4.2# zutil.h:23:22: error: string.h: No such file or directory
bash: zutil.h:23:22:: command not found

Thank You.

-M

Windows Live Messenger makes it easier to stay in touch - learn how!