Re: [Xen-users] Resize Windows DomU partition

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As the subject suggests, I was wondering if anyone knows how to resize the
> DomU LVM partition and the NTFS table inside the partition?

> I have done this on Linux DomUs fine but im guessing it is different for
> windows.

the dom0 part (lvextend) is the same. Also you need to restart domU
for it to pick up the size change.

domU part is slightly different in its resizing method. You could either:
- have windows extend it. IIRC vista and above can do it online even
for boot drive.
- use fdisk + kpartx + ntfsresize from dom0 while domU is down. This
is what I like best for Windows 2003 and XP domUs. You could probably
have parted do the work as well.
- use livecd + gparted on domU, as Thomas suggested.

--
Fajar