RE: [Xen-users] Install xen from sources or apt-get ?

 Hi Sassy Natan,

     I would be interested in knowing how one might make a custom debian binary (deb file) from xen sources, thanks.

-M

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:35:19 +0200
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Install xen from sources or apt-get ?
From: sassyn@xxxxxxxxx
To: skupko.sk@xxxxxxxxx
CC: martin.aceto@xxxxxxxxx; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx

Debian version is quite old and miss alot
I think the best way is to grub novell patches of xen (old style) and apply this to a new kernel (like 2.6.31-5) an compile it.
Then u can use xen hypervisor and xen tools 3.4

I might publish it as deb files if u need, but then u will have to use ubuntu 9.10, since I find Lenny also quite old, and the new sid debian version seem to be more stable.

Sassy