Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 to DomU connection through virtual crossover cable

To: "Michele Dall'Arno" <michele.dallarno@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 to DomU connection through virtual crossover cable
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 05:27:32 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:28:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Michele Dall'Arno
<michele.dallarno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know how to establish a virtual network connection (through a
> virtual crossover cable) between Dom0 and DomU.

the bridge already acts as virtual cable and switch. What is the
output of "brctl show"?

> If I set vif1.0 ip address on Dom0 to 169.254.228.80 and ethernet ip address
> on DomU to 169.254.228.81, I can not ping Windows from Linux nor Linux from
> Windows.

You don't put IP address on vif1.0. You should've put IP address
inside Windows and inside Linux (on the bridge)

> When I will solve this problem, I will also have to make DomU access the
> internet through Dom0 wlan0 connection.
> Any suggestions?

If you use RHEL/Centos5, the easiest way is to have domUs use virbr0,
which is similar to Virtualbox/VMware's NAT networking.

--
Fajar