Re: [Xen-users] domU lose network after reboot

To: Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU lose network after reboot
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:02:50 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:03:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> Sometimes after rebooting the domU, the domU completely will lose the
> network, we have to destroy the domU, and re-create it, then
> everything will be OK.
> Any one can help me?

That should not happen. My guess is it's one of:
- you don't specify static MAC address on domU config file, and your
switch/router doesn't like that
- you're using a buggy version of Xen/kernel/distro combination. In
this case updating to latest available version might help. FWIW,
RHEL/Centos 5 works great on my setup.
- you hit iptables connection tracking limit on dom0. In this case,
it's not actually destroy-and-recreate that fixed the issue. check out
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max and
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_count

--
Fajar