Re: [Xen-users] Live migration between host with different CPU speed

Le vendredi 08 janvier 2010 à 16:18 -0700, Irwan Hadi a écrit :
> Does Xen support live migration between host that has different CPU
> speed, but with the same CPU architecture?
> (eg: one host is running Intel Nehalem E5520 at 2.26 Ghz , while the
> other host is running Intel Nehalem E5540 at 2.53 Ghz)
>
> If so, what will happen after the VM has been migrated to the host
> with lower or faster CPU speed?
>
> Thanks

Hello,

It works even with different CPU, I succeed to migrate some domains (one
XP and one Debian 5) between :
An Opensuse (11.2) system with XEN 3.4.2 fitted with
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
and
on a Debian unstable with a Xen from the dev tree (3.4.3) fitted with
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 905e Processor

The disk images where on a small NAS accessed by NFS, the network goes
through a 1Gb DLINK switch. Migration was done with # 30 seconds "dead"
on the virtual machine.

Regards

JPP