Re: [Xen-users] Questions on qcow, qcow2 versus LVM

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Questions on qcow, qcow2 versus LVM
From: "Matthew Law" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:20:48 -0000
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 02:21:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks.  I've got this working now.  One last issue remains, it would
appear this technique, although it works, is screwing up quotas.  I get
this error reported:

Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/xvda1: No such file or directory

I definitely have everything needed for quotas in the domU. I think this
is because the quota system expects /dev/xvda1 to exist and it doesn't
because I am mounting the whole disk.  Have you come across this before?

Many thanks,

Matt

On Wed, December 30, 2009 10:39 am, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Why not use sfdisk? Here's an example
>
> # cat partlist.txt
> 1,,L,*
>
> # lvcreate -L 10G -n testpartlv rootvg
>   Logical volume "testpartlv" created
>
> # sfdisk /dev/rootvg/testpartlv < partlist.txt
> Checking that no-one is using this disk right now ...
> BLKRRPART: Invalid argument
> OK
>
> Disk /dev/rootvg/testpartlv: 1305 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors/track
>
> sfdisk: ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
>  /dev/rootvg/testpartlv: unrecognized partition table type
> Old situation:
> No partitions found
> New situation:
> Units = cylinders of 8225280 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from
0

>    Device Boot Start     End   #cyls    #blocks   Id  System
> /dev/rootvg/testpartlv1   *      1    1304    1304   10474380   83
Linux
> /dev/rootvg/testpartlv2          0       -       0          0    0
Empty
> /dev/rootvg/testpartlv3          0       -       0          0    0
Empty
> /dev/rootvg/testpartlv4          0       -       0          0    0
Empty