Re: [Xen-users] Xen on AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 11:26 -0800, Parik Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a desktop with "AMD Athlon 64 X2
> 3800" (
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1526472&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs
>  ). I wanted to check if I can get Xen up and running on this host. Is this
> processor something that I can attempt to install Xen on? Or should I be
> looking at upgrading it to a higher processor?
> Thanks,
> Parik

I believe this processor has hardware virtualization support so you
should be alright for HVM (it will already do PV). The clock speed is
2GHz so the performance will be alright for the most part.

What do you plan to use it for? Eg. Guest type and number of guests?