RE: [Xen-users] XCP hanging on to old config information (and XCP bootlo

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XCP hanging on to old config information (and XCP bootloader error)
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:13:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:13:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Vern,

Sorry for not replying directly to your message -- I've only just subscribed
to this list.

I'll try to answer both questions in one email:

Re: XCP bootloader error
> Current issue is on Xen Cloud Platform and trying to do a network install
> of CentOS for a VM. I have the exploded distribution set up as both http
> and nfs and the files all show in the proper place.
>
> I've tried setting other-config:install_repository to nfs://server and
> path and http://server and path per the manual however I get an error
> that says UNSUPPORTED_INSTALL_METHOD and that the install repository entry
> is incorrect. Suggestions please and thank you!

These other-config keys are consumed by the script /usr/bin/eliloader: it's
worth having
a quick glance at it since there are quite a few interesting comments.

I think in this case the key should be "install-repository" instead of
"install_repository"-- looks like a typo in the docs.

Re: XCP hanging on to old config information
>     I'm using Xen Cloud Platform. I just changed the CPUs in a cloud
> host to make them match so I could add the machine to the rest of the
> pool. The problem is that Xen now shows both the old CPUs and the new
> ones on the hardware page and it won't allow the machine to join the
> pool because it claims the hardware doesn't match.
>     How can I get XCP to forget the previous hardware configuration?

Could you explain what's happening in a bit more detail? Did you change the
physical CPUs in the host? When you say 'the hardware page' do you mean the
text console?

Could you tell me the output of
  xe host-list
  xe host-cpu-list