RE: [Xen-users] Vyatta ISO in DomU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Vyatta ISO in DomU
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:21:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 05:22:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        XenServer is not open source Xen, so there won't be direct steps.
First you need to determine whether the ISO has an installer or some sort of
XenServer vm image.  If it is an installer, then as Fajar suggested, you can
install it to HVM.  You may then be able to convert it to PV.  If it is a vm
image, you will have to figure out what kind of image it is and try to pull
the data off of it and onto whatever type of image(s) or block device(s) you
want to use.  You will then have to try to fire it up and hope for the best.
Even in this scenario, HVM might be a better way to start, converting to PV.
That is, assuming it has its own kernel.  It's really going to be trial and
error, so it might even be easier to just install Vyatta on an existing PV
domU and forget about the ISO image.  Good luck with whatever you decide to
do,
        Dustin