Re: [Xen-users] Move domU lvm based to another dom0

To: Cristian Rojas <intipu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Move domU lvm based to another dom0
From: Moi meme <storm66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:24:28 +0100
Cc: xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 03:25:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I was running some xen servers and when I had to move a VM from another
server i use "dd + gzip, sftp, gzip + dd" to copy the LVM partition to
the other machine. Move the VM configuration file on the new server and
"xm new xxx" + "xm start xxx", then delete the machine on the old
server.
I used the same method to clone VMs.

Later we do acquire a SAN and the "migration" was straightforward.

Regards