[Xen-users] slow(stalled) HVM on boot

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] slow(stalled) HVM on boot
From: Jeroen Groenewegen van der Weyden <groen692@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:23:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:24:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I'm experiencing some strange effect on a w2k3 HVM. The w2k3 HVM get's stuck half of the time during boot.

On the console (vnc) the w2k3 can be seen booting, after the boot screen the console just goes black. the output of xm list is like here below. The time consumed increases really slow. (eg 0.1 every 5 minutes)

Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Domain-0 0 863 4 r----- 31796.1
hvmW2K3                                   7  3072     1     ------     16.4

The configuration is "normal" with maybe the following points "out of the ordinary"
- The HVM with 4 nics (qemu realteks)
- 380 gig HD on lvm on drbd

Has anybody seen this before? or anyway to debug this properly? /var/log/messages does not generate any errors.

dom0: openSUSE 11.1
dom0: kernel-xen: 2.6.31.1-3
xen: 3.3.1_18494_03-1.8
domU:  HVM w2k3