[Xen-users] Xen complex networking - two subnets

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen complex networking - two subnets
From: Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 14:18:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 05:18:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

we are xen in following network scenario:

internet <---> vyatta <---> several xen hosts with bridged networking.

There is public IP segment assigned to vyatta internal NIC and that
IPs are using domUs.
We can use any IP on any host.

Now we run out of IPs and have new 256 IPs from provider routed to our vyatta.

We assigned second IP to our vyatta internal NIC. No problem so far.

Now we would like to add this new subnet also to xen hosts but we are
facing problem.
IP alias for xen host is working but this new IP is not visible in xen
default bridge - not possible to use it for domUs.

We would like to keep possibility to have any IP on any xen host.
Only one physical NIC is available on xen host.

Does anybody has idea how to solve it?

Thanks

Peter