Re: [Xen-users] Creating hundreds of Windows VMs

2009/11/6 이동규[NBP] <dongq.lee@xxxxxxx>:
> Is it possible to copy Windows Images from template Windows Image and change
> their configurations from Dom0?
> or RIS(Remote Installation Service)/WDS(Window Deployment Service)can be used
> in Xen Environment?

WDS should work (haven't personally tested it though) as HVM guests
supports PXE boot. You probably still need to install PV drivers
manually afterwards.

When working with Win 2003/XP domUs, my favorite method is to clone a
"specially prepared" (as in it's set to use DHCP, not static IP
address :D ) existing domU disk image and use newsid to change SID and
hostname. Works like a charm. Newsid is currently retired (see
http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2009/11/03/3291024.aspx)
but you could probably just change the hostname manually on first
boot.

For Vista/Win2008 you might want to look at sysprep (although a simple
disk clone and manual hostname change on first boot might also work).
Note that on some systems (tested on Win2008r2 trial) changing MAC
address for your NIC (which is necessary when cloning a machine
located on the same subnet) requires reactivation.

--
Fajar