Re: [Xen-users] New and Current Xen Systems no longer fully boot and pa

To: Ricky Burgin <ricky@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New and Current Xen Systems no longer fully boot and pause themselves
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:36:50 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:37:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Ricky Burgin <ricky@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Pasi,
>
> Thanks for the response. This seems to have been caused by an update from
> CentOS 5.3 to 5.4. I'm not exactly sure what packages were specifically
> affected during the update, but after reluctantly rebooting the server, it
> came back up and Xen started functioning completely normally. Could quite
> easily have been xenconsoled, I suppose.

Xen userland must match the version of hypervisor you're running.
Since upgrading to Centos 5.4 should've include kernel-xen (which also
contain the hypervisor) and xen (the userland), it makes sense that
you have to reboot to have it function properly.

I usually exclude these packages from normal update, and only update
them just before I reboot the server:
kernel kernel-devel kernel-xen kernel-xen-devel xen xen-libs glibc
glibc-common glibc-devel glibc-headers glibc-utils

--
Fajar