Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.4.1 on debian system

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.4.1 on debian system
From: John McMonagle <johnm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:04:19 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:05:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 21 October 2009 08:26:00 pm James Harper wrote:

> > Is it best to use the the xensource 2.6.18 kernel or the debian 2.6.26
>
> kernel?
>

> I use the xensource kernel. Last time I tried it (a while ago) the
> 2.6.2x kernels weren't available under 64 bit, and were still based on
> some very old patches and didn't include pvscsi or ring bit width
> negotiation.

Install seemed to work OK.

Both 2.6.18 and 2.6.26 kernel seem to work OK.
Sort of annoying that the serial console uses different devices between the
two kernels.

Any particular advantage for either kernel?

I'd like to avoid building on each system.
I didn't see anything in the make file to build a distribution tar file.
Any way to copy other than to copy the whole 1g+ build directory to the new
box?

Thanks

John

John