Re: [Xen-users] issue with memory at dom0

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] issue with memory at dom0
From: Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:59:09 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:59:52 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=mbet5g8snUv980yeTSZEOoCVXGGf3P0MFzghuAwz20s=; b=Db2ZrFNpOuMWfk42oV9vp5n7zCaH/faPjFeUykCTTJoskf8rcm/ZJ16ePSvhjPdctq hDMFlutLgGWXMQ3iJWMECmJlfuHWBoq8oaO9jyRFIudtn/Wau43KHt4N8bxJIY52QN+4 ta9fPGjdodlz3jYr2wobwBfvinOB23UdXBZzU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/19/09, Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/18/09, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> I always setup dom0 with 1GB ram memory.I've got two question
>>> regarding memory in dom0:
>>>
>>> 1. How do I know exactly the dom0 ram memory available to create  new
>>> guets domains? Or even better, How can you calculate the memory
>>> available to create new domU"s? The problem is I have to sum, at dom0,
>>>  the memory used by guests domain to know if a new instance can be
>>> installed on this dom0.:-(
>>
>> "xm info"
nice!.. Let me ask you ..is it  recommendable to fix a limit ram
memory to dom0?.. let say 1GB... how can I fix this memory in dom0?
What about dom0 performance if all memory at dom0 is used? Any experiences?

regards
Israel.

--
Regards;