Re: [Xen-users] moving virtual machines from one computer to another

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM, David J Craigon <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fair enough, I know how to copy files from one computer to the other.
> Which files do I need to copy though? If I copy the config file from
> /etc/xen, and the disk image file, is that enough?

Yes, assuming you copy the disk image file while domU is shut down.

> Do I need
> /var/lib/xen/boot_kernel.XXXXX and /var/lib/xen/boot_ramdisk.XXXXX.

In general, no. Those temporary files are created by pygrub and will
be re-created next time you start domU.

> If I copy these three into place, is that it?

If you use the default setup, yes.
If you have customized setup (e.g. use custom bridge, vlans, etc.)
then you have to make sure those customization also exists on the new
box.

--
Fajar