Re: [Xen-users] streaming server on a virtual machine.

Mauro, Grant,

Whenever innovative technology appears it seems inevitable that it is deployed in some contexts where it just doesn't fit. I remember this happening with Corba, EJBs, ibject databases, web services, etc.

If your priority is efficient use of machine resources (throughput) then Xen's flexibility is amazing. If, on the other hand, you have a customer facing retail website then using Xen might reduce both hardware costs and market share as your customers move to faster competitor sites.

Be certain that your physical architecture makes business sense!

Peter

Sent from my iPhone