Re: [Xen-users] Seeking SunOS 4.1.3 Virtualization

To: Michael Soren <msoren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Seeking SunOS 4.1.3 Virtualization
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:55:55 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 05:56:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Michael Soren <msoren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a need for a SunOS 4.1.3 Virtual Machine environment to run legacy
> applications.  Does anyone know of a product or way to do this?

Ask Sun?

I doubt there's any though.
If it can't run on x86 then most likely you can't use Xen. Things like
Qemu would probably be too slow to be useful even if you somehow can
get it to work (which I doubt). Plus the oldest version that Sun's own
zone/container can run is solaris 8. Add to that the fact that SunOS 4
is no longer supported, then it's probably a dead end.

--
Fajar