Re: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2008 as DomU, won't reboot / shutdown

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2008 as DomU, won't reboot / shutdown
From: SZABO Zsolt <szazs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:03:28 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:11:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Tapio Salonsaari wrote:

I have a fresh install of Debian stable with Xen dom0 on it. The dom0 is
amd64 and things run quite smoothly on dom0 side. I installed both W2k8
OEM and Debian Etch as domU's and they run just as well.

The problem here is that I can't shutdown / reboot domU's correctly.
They just halt to "---s--" -state or stay in that for a long time.

Is your dom0 pinned to cpu0? Try 'xm vcpu-set Domain-0 4' (here 4 is the number of "cpu")
before reboot/shutdown or after it get stucked... and
if the domU reboots then pin your dom0 with 'xm vcpu-set Domain-0 1' again
to cpu0...

--
Zsolt