Re: [Xen-users] Paravirt VM - Second Disk not working

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm actually using DRBD along with Jefferson Ogata's wrapper here:
> http://www.antibozo.net/xen/qemu-dm.drbd
>
> The wrapper does change both DRBD resources (DRBD22 and DRBD23) to
> primary when you start the VM but the second disk never turns up in xm
> top and VM complains of a timeout as stated below.
>
> I found removing the second disk from the VM config file and adding it
> manually with hotplug immediately after starting the VM works, eg::
> xm create vmname
> drbdadm primary xendrbd23
> xm block-attach vmname phy:/dev/drbd23 /dev/xvdb 'w'

My guess is that the wrapper script didn't work correctly for two
disks. I actually tried something similar using RHEL5/Xen
3.4.1/drbd83, but found out drbd's block-drbd didn't work properly
with pygrub. Perhaps there are more files to edit, I'm not sure. I
ended up making the resource primary on both nodes and use
phy:/dev/drbd/by-res/...

--
Fajar