Re: [Xen-users] Baremetal Client Question

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Baremetal Client Question
From: Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:49:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:49:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=E1Hw3NMc9u+8muuQd9alO2WQbvXNr1GgCS/iYGUlX9o=; b=LAn8BcKY+EOVEh4tw8xHhaAaNSECp2Jqy9XUYU6YwtOS2zTknZNtNOqmSy0pN7XyJ7 tuhraAAeS4HTo3Obfuss26PSHFtiY/xYrCF34umlP0bvZeObFOAA2anMYJFi8fnlmyYb YEPmhAvFnjzREMgqzmO0yJmz5cOo5p7KRcIbU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 18:42, Sanjay Arora<sanjay.k.arora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any client that does not require an underlying OS, which I
> can use to access machines on Xen, preferably free or low cost, at
> least. And I don't mean something that requires a minimal install of
> windows or linux...i mean something that does not have any software
> unnecessary to the function of providing remote access...network,
> graphics, local hardware including graphics, remote protocols like
> rpd/ics, a firewall & that's it.

You asked pretty much exactly this question a few hours ago and even
responded to my reply (but didn't send it to the list).  If it didn't
answer your question it would be better to clarify your question than
ask it all over again ;)

You'll always need some form of OS, even if that's "hidden" by the
thin client software.  Many of the free thin client software packages
will be based on Linux.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor