Re: [Xen-users] how to add loop device support to domU?

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Rudi Ahlers<Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Fajar,
>
> I'm using the Stacklet.com images, so they are pre-created.

Ah :)

> The question is, how do I get the correct XEN kernel headers into the
> domU,

You don't have to. You need modules, not headers. The modules are in
the same RPM as the kernel.

> since it's using a different kernel than the dom0 and yum won't
> install the older version

So where is this kernel located? If it's on domU and loaded with
pygrub, you should already have the correct modules in place. If it's
not there, simply install latest kernel-xen.

If it's using dom0 kernel, then simply copy dom0's relevant
/lib/modules/ to domU.

BTW, you CAN get older kernels with yumdownloader. Install yum-utils
first, and do something like

yumdownloader kernel-xen-2.6.18-128.4.1.el5

Then again, this is a pretty old kernel, so I suggest you simply do a
"yum install kernel-xen" to get the latest kernel.

--
Fajar