[Xen-users] How do you add a bootable cdrom ISO?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How do you add a bootable cdrom ISO?
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:36:20 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:34:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a xen system running on sles10sp2. xen version is
3.2.0_16718_18-0.3. I have a win2k3 domU that I want to try making an
image of using portlock. I don't know if portlock will work, but I can't
even get it to boot off the cdrom.

Using virt-manager I tried adding a cdrom device. It's listed when I
look at the details of the domU, but win2k3 doesn't see it.

Then I tried saving the config, xm list -l > filename.conf.
I then modified the conf file, made the cdrom bootable, and the hard
drives not bootable. Saved the conf file.
I deleted the domU from virt-manager.
Lastly, I used xm new command to re-add the domU using the conf.

It still did not see the cdrom nor did it boot from it. It still booted
from the drives that should be not bootable in the config.

Next I shutdown the domU and tried editing the config file found
at /etc/xen/vm:

I changed these lines(commented lines are originals):
#boot="c"
#disk=[ 'file:/images/pcalakvre-img/disk0,hda,w',
'file:/images/test-img/disk1,hdb,w', ]
boot="d"
disk=[
'file:/images/test-img/disk0,hda,w','file:/xendata/images/ISOs/portlock336.iso,hdc:cdrom,r',
 'file:/images/test-img/disk1,hdb,w', ]

I restart virt-manager and then tried starting the domU. Same thing,
still boots win2k3 and no cdrom on drive d.

SO, what is the proper way of adding a cdrom?

Once you get it added, how do you make the domU boot from it?

Thanks,
James