Re: [Xen-users] dom0 ethernet bonding and domU

To: Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] dom0 ethernet bonding and domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:20:42 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:23:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/9/2 Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> if dom0 has configured ethernet bonding for eth0 and eth1, is there anything
> to do for domU?

Not really. Bonding and bridge setup is on dom0 side. You simply point
domU to use that bridge.

> do i need to configure domU with eth0,eth1 and map them to dom0 eth0,eth1
> respectively?

That is another way to do it, doing bonding on domU instead of dom0. I
don't recommend it though. One of the reasons is that miimon is
somewhat useless on domU. Better do bonding on dom0.

--
Fajar