Re: [Xen-users] error message while starting xen

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:02 AM, shankha<shankhabanerjee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have fedora 11 and i am trying to run xen 3.4. I build it from
> source using gcc 4.3. I faced a lot of error messages while booting
> and have been able to fix them by making changes to the xen
> configuration file. Is  there a fundamental problem with my
> installation. Is xen expected to run smoothly on fedora 11. But i am
> not able to fix the following error.

I know that you can run Xen 3.4.1 smoothly on RHEL/Centos5, with
minimal effort. Use 3.4.1 repo from http://www.gitco.de/repo/
Haven't tried F11 though.

> Starting xend daemon: Waiting for pth0 to negotiate
> link..............(link isn't in running state)
>
> determining IP information for etho... dhclient(3314) is already
> running - exiting

> Can you people give some pointers as to what is going wrong.

My guess is this is related to xen's default bridge networking setup,
which does some interface renaming which (possibly) got dhcp confused.
You can try setting up bridge manually using
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* and disable xen's network
script on /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.

--
Fajar