Re: [Xen-users] dom0 can see connections from domU-s

To: Deyan Chepishev <dchepishev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] dom0 can see connections from domU-s
From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:01:31 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:02:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=MuETPD4eB1nGApgkapsZXgGt14o9zHQKynhovIm2QS8=; b=u+f870sVvWsBLPPWS3zBJ/f45NvXOEPopsfyVCTAOVplB0CyovGE7YkqFrx6pNeWZB 6VcttFsE7G8P+1UepuqFB9WvQiMUQFrdW0fAE3+7HTZfb1ExNbJ7urc8oAALHSBIvzzI fXF6kJsZ1JoH8/TvKg0+rG2UA75EReNVM5LEw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

 Who know who can fix this in Linux? Linus!?

 I do the most weird solution for this annoying problem:

iptables -t nat -F
rmmod nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_conntrack ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack_ipv4 iptable_nat
# to make sure:
rmmod nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_conntrack ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack_ipv4 iptable_nat

 I have this problem at my Linux border gateway, it can not even have the NAT module loaded, even if with no NAT rules, the Kernel drops a lot of packages on a busy network, saying that the NAT conntrack table is full... I hate it!   :-P

 The BSDs systems suffer from this evil behavior too?

 I never sent a mail to Linus before but, this can be a good time to do so.

 I say this because I believe that Linux should not drop network packets only by loading some module.

 ...or simply we do not know how to adjust it!

 I confess that today this is the only issue that I have with Linux.

Cheers!
Thiago