RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 x64 no cdrom.

To: 'Robbie Garrett' <rgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 x64 no cdrom.
From: Tait Clarridge <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:00:23 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:01:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My issue here is that when trying to boot from .iso image to install windows
> 2008 r2, I get message saying
> “A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing”.  Where can I get this
> driver?
.
.
.
.

> disk = [ 'file:/windows/xenwin2008.img,hda,w',
> 'file:/windows/winxpSP2.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r' ]

This is just a guess here, but what about puttin an ioemu:hda instead of just
hda.

So the line would read:

disk =
['file:/windows/xenwin2008.img,ioemu:hda,w','file:/windows/winxpSP2.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r']

It was my understanding that the ioemu is required for all HVM windows domain
disks (whether CDROM or HDD).

Also, what version of xen are you running?