Re: [Xen-users] no devpts shmfs mounted in domU

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, SZABO Zsolt wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Chris Pearson wrote:

For what it's worth I see the same thing.  You can put this in your cfg
and then you can attach properly to the console:
 extra = 'console=hvc0 xencons=tty'
Then if you apt-get install udev that seems to sort things out.  Doesn't
explain why it's not working in the first place though (or even if
that's intentional).

Hmm... originally I had an

extra = 'xencons=tty'

line (without 'console=hvc0') and now after the suggested modification
the domU does not start: I do not get back the prompt after "xm create"
and xm list shows --p---
[...]
oops: "Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working."

And it is strange: I have restore the original domU.conf (undo the modification of "extra = ...") and "xm create" hangs as the undo has no effect...

OK. Finally installing udev solved the problem... (it was not installed in the domU)

Zs