[Xen-users] Deleting VM that appears in XM List without ID

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Deleting VM that appears in XM List without ID
From: "Zemke, Kai" <Kai.Zemke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:31:25 +0200
Accept-language: de-DE
Acceptlanguage: de-DE
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:39:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,

i have just stoped a VM on our XEN 3.2 Server via „xm shutdown 33“. The virtuall machine stopped and after 2 or 3 minutes the machine lost its id in the “xm list”.

Now I want to delete this machine but “xm delete 33” fails because there is no machine with an id 33. I found several entries for this machine via “xenstore-ls /local/domain/33”.

Now I want to know:

Can this machine be safely deleted with “xenstore-rm /local/domain/33” ?

And is this the correct way to handle such a problem?

With kind regards

Kai Zemke