RE: [Xen-users] Xm scsi-attach on redhat Linux

To: "Jose, Manoj" <Manoj.Jose@xxxxxxx>, "fajar@xxxxxxxxx" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xm scsi-attach on redhat Linux
From: "Jose, Manoj" <Manoj.Jose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:42:04 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:43:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>I am trying to make xm scsi-attach to work on redhat5.3 Linux DOMU on
>>xen 3.4/3.3. Are there any special modules to be loaded on RH DOMU to
>>make it work? I could make Xm block-attach work on the same set up
>>with out any issue. Any help is very much appreciated.

>Are you using Gitco's RPM with Redhat's kernel-xen? If yes, you should
>use xen.org's kernel as newer features (like scsi passthru) requires
>dom0 kernel support as well.

I am not using Gitco's RPM on my DOMU, I just have the default RH53 kernel
(2.6.18-128.el5). And my DOM0 has the latest xen.org xen kernel. Does xm
scsi-attach work on this setup? Or should I use a different kernel or kernel
modules in my DOMU?

Thanks
Manoj