[Xen-users] Xen unstable with vTPM support compiling troubles..

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen unstable with vTPM support compiling troubles..
From: nicolas.munoz.zz@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:58:18 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:59:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am trying to follow the tutorial from Didier Colin here : http://cybione.org/~cdidier/blog/200812020841.html to install Xen unstable over my Ubuntu 9.04 with vTPM support.

I follow all the steps (skipping the tpm emulator as my machine already has one), and I'm trying to make world, and troubles are beginning here.
I get the following type of error:

sym_crypto.c: In function 'Crypto_symcrypto_initkey':
sym_crypto.c:71: error: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 6 has type 'int'

[other similar errors are following for other lines of the file that look the same]

The "guilty" line is this one :

TPMTRYRETURN( buffer_init_copy (&key->key, keybits));

I dont understand the error at all, as this function has only 1 argument, or if talking about buffer_init_copy, it only has 2 arguments...

To try to solve this problem, i found here http://osdir.com/ml/emulators.xen.cvs/2005-08/msg00799.html a patch for vtpm manager. The change in the files that do not compile is replacing TPMTRYRETURN function like this ;

TMPTRYRETURN(x)

becomes

status = x;
STATUSCHECK(status);

I do not really understand, but I tried it. It seems to fix the compilation errors for one of the files, but something else is happening for the other file :

In function `buffer_copy': /usr/src/xen-unstable/tools/vtpm_manager/util/buffer.c:181: undefined reference to 'STATUSCHECK'

and other undefined references in the same file.

So I'm pretty stuck here, and I'm desperate.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Regards