Re: [Xen-users] pv_ops kernel and nvidia binary driver

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Ralston <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pv_ops kernel and nvidia binary driver
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:22:29 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:23:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1247379750; bh=w9q5bZYP30cgbaUhm53260C+2ObzXgpyGexjz4G/yfk=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=HMlma4h4x2csIN3xJySDFZ2oq3qbK66xsXnPVPPUVUYMsMpT1JKqZgGdS4QSaV5zXyfwTqcwYRMp+SEIX7znnvpGVXmGcDKj9MYVILKym3ql1rGQetTV9DP9Yis6w+OELkvrHx352W2gOcoZFnbvHHK8fHgdtf4webwqEFzIaYo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I've also tried to get the nvidia driver to work with rebased suse
>kernel 2.6.29.6 and hypervisor 3.3 and 3.4. With that version kernel
>it blacks the screen. I can remote ssh in to my pc, but I can't reboot
>the pc. It needs a hard reset.

Native Ubuntu 9.04 X-Server works for me with any xenified 2.6.29.X,2.6.30.X kernel (aka Suse) . GeForce 8500 GT installed on both boxes. Xen host boots into Gnome desktop environment right away.

I just replaced GeForce 7X00 cards about year and half  ago due to problems with tuning Solaris Nevada X-Server

Boris.